NuoDB is seeking a results-oriented Software Development Engineer
in Test who is self-motivated and can develop automated tests and
test harnesses to provide coverage for the NuoDB core database
engine. This engineer will work with developers and other test
engineers locally as well as in Ireland and the US to support the
testing of new features as well as expanding coverage of existing
The ideal candidate will thrive in and help drive a fast-paced environment. The candidate should have software testing and automation experience, ideally with high-availability distributed systems. Some knowledge of database systems and SQL is required and database internals experience is a strong advantage. The winning candidate will also have experience with agile software development processes, and possess strong communications skills. He/she will report to the Director of Quality Assurance in Cambridge, MA, USA.
* Primary focus is working with the NuoDB Core team in Cambridge, MA (USA).
* Will also work with the SQL and Tactical Development teams in Europe.
* Work with Product Management to understand release requirements and define test plans for features and releases
* Write and run automated tests
* Work with developers to drive quality upstream and to ensure testability
* Participate in design reviews
* Develop boundary and scale testing for existing database functionality
Required skills and experience:
* 5+ years of software test development experience
* 3+ years experience with Python
* Strong Agile Experience
* Experience with continuous integration and test driven development
* Experience with Java a strong plus
* Experience with C++ a strong plus
* Experience with Databases (SQL or noSQL) a strong plus
* Ability to dive deep into technical issues.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Overview of NuoDB:
Designed to address the needs of today's businesses as they prepare for the future, NuoDB's elastic SQL database combines the scale-out simplicity, elasticity, and continuous availability that cloud applications require, with the transactional consistency and durability that databases of record demand. Conceived by database innovator Jim Starkey, NuoDB is backed by three former CEOs of the four original relational database companies.