Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop
your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that
makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work
for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of
nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where
you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some
of the most talented people in your field. We combine 153 years of
experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted
partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial
In 2014 we established the headquarters for our European shared business services center in Bulgaria. Our center – Cargill Business Services Sofia, who is rapidly growing, won the award for Shared Service Centre of the Year for both 2017 and 2018.
The Senior BI Developer is responsible for evolving data strategy
and vision to continuously enhance business units’ business
intelligence maturity. We seek a professional who will partner with
various functions to optimize data management process. In this role
you will also work as a data specialist/gatekeeper of business
• Contribute to the development of data strategy and vision.
• Implement various business intelligence projects, provide data solutions to business goals, devise business processes to acquire datasets into business intelligence platform and deliver appropriate data products to end users.
• Answer ad-hoc queries on datasets and manage data source intakes as the data expert/ gatekeeper of business intelligence platform.
• Explore continuous improvement to business intelligence platform, by addressing data quality root cause, encouraging end users to self-serve, analyzing business requests, and implementing the changes.
• Coach users to assess and analyse data via various data tools, like Hadoop User Experience, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Cloudera Data Science Workbench, R program, Python or other new data tools.
• Maintain data pipelines and architecture by providing sustainable training of new data source intakes and business logic updated within business intelligence team.
• Encourage visibility and re-usability of data by co-owing meta-data cataloging with users and technical teams.
• You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.